httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Where is the Control Panel
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 21:05:35 GMT
Alan Northam wrote:
> I just installed Apache 1.3 on my Windows 2000 machine.  Apache is
> running in the background.  How do I find the control panel so I can
> turn apache?

I don't think 1.3 comes with the same doodads as Apache2. I think you
are looking for shortcuts to start, stop and restart Apache. If so, you
need three shortcut targets like this ...

   C:\apache\Apache\bin\Apache.exe -w -n "Apache" -k restart
(other two with start, stop instead of restart)

... with a Start in value like this ...

   C:\apache\Apache

Copy or move those three shortcuts to ...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Apache HTTP Server

HTH