httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Hudak <john.j.hu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trying to setup Apache on a home network
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 20:33:42 GMT
Sorry, I would like to help, but don't understand...allow me to parse:

Roger Ledbetter wrote:

> Hi,  I'm new to setting up web servers. I have been trying to install
> and configure apache 2.0.54  win32-x86_ssl  . I have  installed
> no-ip's netserver_01beta4_bin.  Apache installs correctly according to
> the dialog box. When I run the program it says ,no apache 2 service
> installed.

Errr, what program are you running? Under what OS? and how are you
running it?

> When I open the Apache install dialog  under Domain/ IP Address I am
> putting the IP address that i get reported from No_IP DUC. and in the
> next box the email that I registered with  NO_IP.com. Am I going about
> this all wrong?  Is there  a website that  explains the procedure in
> laymans terms>? Thanks.    Roger

Are you going through a router?  If so, is the router configured to pass
WAN requests on certain ports to the LAN where the Apache server is? (If
you don't know what I mean here, you need to spend some time reading
your router manual about how to configure it)
Its kinda hard to make suggestions if we don't know the configuration of
what your attempting to do.

There probably are some sites that explain this procedure in general,
do a Google search.
Thanks
John