httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Wynne" <thomas.wy...@premierdata.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Win32 Apache Restart
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 14:29:00 GMT
Lee,

I'm curious in what context you are using ArcIMS?  All ArcIMS really
needs is a servlet container.  We run it on a separate machine using
JBoss/Tomcat with our actual web application running on the first
machine with Apache (And Jboss behind it).  I'm not sure why ArcIMS
would need this mod much less Apache.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: lherbst@propappr.marion.fl.us
[mailto:lherbst@propappr.marion.fl.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:41 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Win32 Apache Restart

Not a problem.  I'm still going to give it a try, I can always go back
if
it doesn't work.  You are right, they would not provide me with support
if
I used something outside of their requirements, but if it does work, I
can
go to ESRI and let them know what I found, maybe they'll change their
instructions to use mod_jk.  I think it is worth a try anyway.

Lee

             Craig Dunigan

             <cdunigan@doit.wi

             sc.edu>
                                       users@httpd.apache.org

             05/04/2005 11:38
cc
             AM

Subject
                                       RE: [users@httpd] Win32 Apache

             Please respond to         Restart

             users@httpd.apach

                   e.org

Now I'm going to reverse myself.  If the vendor says mod_jk2, I'd use
mod_jk2, deprecated or not.  Vendors often have weird license
requirements
that invalidate your support and/or warranty if you don't follow their
directions _exactly_, including using buggy software if that's what they
want.  Sorry for the wild goose chase.

Craig