httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Zagarello <bz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Routing \ Apache Question
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 13:44:51 GMT

Are you using name-based or IP-based multiple vhosts?
Also, I've assumed you are using a private LAN instead
of an internet-registered IP one, so correct me if I'm
wrong.  The private LAN will cause DNS name resolution
problems, because your web server will have a private
IP address that doesn't match it's public IP address.
There are ways around this also.  With name-based
vhosting, each DNS domain has to be registered with
the same IP address (in the private LAN scenario),
which would be the IP address on the internet (WAN)
side of the router.

BZAG

Jonathan wrote:

It will serve up the default page when it is not in
DMZ mode, but will not serve up the multiple domains
in the virtual hosts settings.

I have tried to forward ports, NAT ports all according
to the netopia manuals and tech notes.

I do temporary have it in the DMZ mode and it does
work, but would like to be able to put it in NAT mode.
 Are there others who use NAT and host multiple
domains?

Do I need a different router to work properly? If so
what are any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jonathan