httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denis Gerasimov" <denis.gerasi...@vekos.ru>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Russian Charset Problem
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 05:23:34 GMT

No problem.

There are at least 4 solutions:

1. Put the line

AddDefaultCharset windows-1251

To your .htaccess file (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset)

2. Add charset support to your scripting engine.

If you use PHP you may put the folloewing line to your php.ini

default_charset = "windows-1251"

or in your .htaccess

php_value default_charset "windows-1251"

or in your PHP code

ini_set('default_charset', 'windows-1251');

(other scripting languages should support something like this too, I am
sure)

3. Send this HTTP header yourself

e.g. in PHP:

header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1251');

1. Ask your hosting provider to assist you someway :-)

HTH

Best regards,
Denis Gerasimov,
Chief Developer, VEKOS Ltd.