httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Canderan" <dcbu...@dcbuddy.com>
Subject [users@httpd] access to user directories
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 04:07:00 GMT
Hello apache users,

            I have apache2.0.52 installed and running on a Fedora server.
It works fine with the web site at /var/www/html  (the server's web site)

However, I can not get it to deliver web pages for users.  I am storing the
html pages at /home/<user>/public_html, and I am quite sure that the file
permissions are set correctly.  I have also set "UserDir pubic_html" in
httpd.conf.

However, I continue to get the error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~<user> on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

  _____

Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora) Server at <IP address> Port 80

Can anyone provide me with some suggestions?  Is there another config file
that I need to change?:   Please help !

Thanks,

John