httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: AuthType Digest
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 08:01:34 GMT

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Vicki Brown wrote:

> Left out of (or at least well hidden in) the information I found that
> discussed setting up webdav was the small but crucial fact that a digest
> password file has a different format and must be created with htdigest, not
> htpasswd.
>
> 'Twould have been nice if some of the folks who said "Its's better if you use
> AuthType Digest" would have included that little tidbit in their writeups...

Any patches to

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mod_dav.html

or even a small page along the lines of "How to set up DAV' in the

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/howto/auth.html

style would be appreciated (see right colum on)

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/

And make sure you submit examples/better text relative to the XML files
in http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-docs-2.0 as the html is
generated from those.

Dw.