httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Pierce" <paged...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Blocking Access to a site
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 05:30:22 GMT

You can put an .htaccess file in the root folder for the site and
that will make it require a password for anyone logging in.  Also
I believe that you can set the IP address in httpd.conf to allow only
192.168.x.x to be allowed to access the page.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html

Will give you the instructions you need to do what you are looking to do.

Steve