httpd-users mailing list archives

From ed elliott <eddiearm...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] win 2K install problem
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 09:11:05 GMT
you could try enabling msi logging and see if it gives any indication of why it fails:

msiexec /i filename.msi /L*! "c:\msiapache.txt"

this logs most things, there are different logging options (/L*v! and /L*vx! which will log
much much more but can log too much ;) )

ed

Mike Dewhirst <miked@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:
Matt Daniel wrote:
> sorry did not finish the sentence
> I have installed the same software, on the same network on another machine I have that
is a WinXp and less "modern" and that works fine, so I assume there is no network rights type
problems

IIRC, you can opt to avoid "Creating shortcuts"

Maybe that will let it complete (optimism pays sometimes :) )

Mike