httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Grassou <pierre_grasso...@yahoo.it>
Subject [users@httpd] modyfing the DEFAULT_BUFSIZE
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 09:15:47 GMT

Hi all,
can anyone help me?

I'm using Apache 1.3.33 as a Reverse Proxy and all is fine but I have a feature in my site
on the backserver that sends in "push" some little datas, those are packets from 2 Bytes to
100 Bytes pe, and till the buffer is not full my client does not receive these datas.

client ---- apache (as reverse proxy) ---- (here the little ps go) ---- backweb

This means that it receives late datas and this is not good for me.
These little "packets" ends with only a CR (0x0A). Maybe I a should tail a LF too?
So looking at the code I modified the DEFAULT_BUFSIZE in buff.c and I lowen it from 4k to
64 Byte.
Now my application works better but I wonder if any one has considerations (I know, probably,
this means more system calls) about this modify and if you know a cleaner solution. The best
would be a configuration parameter in httpd.conf .
I tried to set B_WR to 0 but this is not really a good idea.
I searched in the old mails but I didn't find anything that suit my case, so you are my last
resource :) while I'm still reading the code.
I have already tried to change configuration parameters in httpd.conf like receive_buffer_size
but for what I have understood at the moment it's useless.

I guess I've been clear and this is the right ml.

Thanks all for any suggestion.
Pierre

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica…
Scaricalo ora!