httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Cheng-Lin Yang" <s0170...@mail.csie.mcu.edu.tw>
Subject [users@httpd] Can't delete apache2's logfile under windows 2003
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 23:14:55 GMT
Hi all,
Three days, I helped my friend to setup a server with apache2(IIS Sucks!) on
Windows Server 2003. Everything runs fine. In httpd.conf I reset the
configure of CustomLog to:
CustomLog "|c:/apache/apache2/bin/cronolog.exe e:/logs/access%Y%m%d.log"
combined
Which can help him to manager his log by day. It works! But when he tried to
compress the old logfile. He got error message which said that "that file is
using by another program." But he can delete the file. Can someone here help
on this problem? Thank you in advanced!

---
Under FreeBSD I can compress the file freely.

--
Cheng-Lin Yang, Sun Certified Java Programmer <s0170154@csie.mcu.edu.tw>