httpd-users mailing list archives

From l...@reuel.net
Subject [users@httpd] Help with file ownership by Apache.
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 02:10:08 GMT
I could use some help understanding suEXEC. My website is on a shared host and I have user-level
access. I have a php script that will write a web page and before it would write the page
owned by my user. Now it writes as user:group nobody:nobody, the user:group apache is running
under.

The hosting company rebuilt apache in April. There does seem to be an suexec binary with apache
and there is the suexec-log file that shows it is doing something.

I'm fairly sure the hosting company would fix it but they don't seem to know what the issue
is and I'm not sure either. But I need to get it fixed so I can work with my own files.

Thoughts or things to read/check appreciated.

ciao!

leam