httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steven Pannell <steven.pann...@zooplus.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule loses session
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 06:34:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm using a rewrite rule as follows using the pass-through method, but every
time this rule is applied I am losing my session (tomcat server).

RewriteRule ^/information(.*)   "/mypath/subpath/mypage.jsp$1"    [PT]

The rewrite rule works, but on every refresh I get a new session from the
server because it cannot retrieve the only one from my browser.  I tried
this with a different application server and get the same problem - it's not
a tomcat problem.

This only appears to happen when using the pass-through operation of
mod_rewrite.  Anyone have an idea how I can resolve this?

thanks,
Steve.