httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Smith" <k...@kensnet.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Urgent Help Apache 2.0.52
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 19:38:59 GMT

In a new install of Apache 2.0.52 we have edited the standard httpd.conf
and added an alias to our own html directory which contains files produced
by our application in the /usr area. We have always used exactly the same
configuration in previous installations of RH and httpd eg: httpd-2.0.40-
8.

The alias is called /ADVAN/ that points to a directory under /usr.
Attempts to access it return an error "Forbidden You don't have permission
to access /ADVAN/ on this server. Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at
89.0.0.210 Port 80

We have made all the relevant file permissions 777 just in case but it
makes no difference.

Is alias broken in 2.0.52 or has there been some major change to access
controls in Apache?

Thanks in Advance

Ken