httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alvaro Cobo" <coboalv...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] IP based subdomain in second server
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 20:16:03 GMT
Hi guys:

I am a newbie and this is my first post. I would like to have your wise advice. The problem
is as follows:

I have a domain and a paid hosting which serves our mail and some pages. Additionally to this
I would like to have my own server with Apache, where I would like to host a subdomain. For
this task I have a static IP address, a server and an ADSL connection to internet at home.

So when the experiment is ready I will have: www.mydomain.com at 200.xxx.x.xxx in an external
hosting and subdomain.mydomain.com at 205.xxx.xxx.xxx hosted in my own server at home)

The questions are as follows:

Is this possible to do that?.

Is this subject related to the server configuration or it is more related to the DNS server
configuration?.

Is there any specific directive I have to take in account in the moment of configuring my
httpd.conf?.

Any clue will be very, very, very appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Alvaro

PD: I have read the Apache IP-Based and Apache Name-Based Virtual Host support documents,
but I am still confused.