httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Trevor Lai" <...@cs.bu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache.conf: directoryindex causes index.php to get called twice
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 15:35:40 GMT
I have seen this on both Apach 1.3 and 2.0.5

I have an index.php script that is being run twice on each page request.
(I know this because on each page request it is writing twice to my mysql
database)
I have determined that the "index.php" for the "directoryindex" in
httpd.conf causes this.
If "index.php" is removed then the double execution behavior goes away.

I could not find a bug report on this, does anyone know of this issue?
I'd really like "index.php" to serve as a directoryindex, so what can I do
in the meantime as a workaround?

Thanks!