httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_watch?
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:55:25 GMT
On 4/30/05, Chris Knipe <savage@savage.za.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting REALLY strange things trying to start apache...
>
> error log:
> [Sat Apr 30 13:42:10 2005] [crit] (28)No space left on device:
> shCreate(809b010, 991, /var/spool/mod_watch/) failed in watchInit()
> [Sat Apr 30 13:42:18 2005] [error] (28)No space left on device:
> MutexCreate(/var/spool/mod_watch/SharedHash.lock) failed

It looks like mod_watch is trying to create some shared memory and
possibly do some sort of locking, and this is failing.  The "No space
left on device" error can be the result of a number of "insufficient
resources" problems, not just disk-full.

You'll need to look at mod_watch to figure out exactly what it is
trying to do and why it is failing.  I have no experience with
mod_watch.

Joshua.