httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache2 REQUEST_FILENAME
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:56:44 GMT
On 4/28/05, ovar <0var@centrum.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not really a C expert, so I need a little help.
>
> The documentation for apache on some places mentions server variable REQUEST_FILENAME.
I was trying to print it out with my PHP script, but it looks like it's always empty. On the
other hand, REQUEST_URI gives me what I expect. I was grepping a little in httpd-2.0.54 sources
and found no place wher REQUEST_FILENAME is set (grep -r REQUEST_FILENAME *). REQUEST_URI
seems to be set here (I'm not sure, I really don't code C (-: ):

> server/util_script.c:    apr_table_setn(e, "REQUEST_URI", original_uri(r));
>
> So do you know where I can find and fix(?) the mechanism of setting REQUEST_FILENAME
(on my Linux server with PHP module 4.3.11 probably broken)?

If I remember correctly, REQUEST_FILENAME is set only by mod_rewrite, so
RewriteEngine On
will probably activate it.

Joshua.