httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Location directive with url parameters
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:53:05 GMT
[sending back to the list]

On 4/26/05, Frank McCreedy <frankm@netdoor.com> wrote:
> Thanks very much for the response.  Any reason why Apache ignores that
> part of the URL?  I don't mean that as a criticism, just wondering...
>
> It will probably be easier in my case just to make a separate servlet to
> handle the admin stuff.

I'm not sure about the original idea -- query string is always stored
separately from the url-path in apache, so it could have just been an
oversight that they were not both applied.

But note that it would be quite dangerous to limit access based on
query strings.  For example, I bet your servlet would be quite happy
to let you get around the restrictions by accepting requests like
MyServlet?foo=bar&type=admin

Joshua.