httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to 'add' SSL capability to working Apache?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:09:40 GMT
On 4/25/05, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net> wrote:
> I got Apache 2.0.52 compiled, installed, and working on a Solaris 9
> system awhile ago, but now I need to enable that server for SSL with
> client authentication.
>
> I know that I have to at least compile/install OpenSSL on the Solaris
> system, but all of the information that I've been able to find indicates
> that I need to also completely re-configure, re-compile, and re-install
> Apache from the original 2.0.52 source.
>
> Is there any way to avoid this, and just compile the mod_ssl.so module
> after I do the compile/install of OpenSSL?

If you have mod_so compiled into the server, it may be possible to use
apxs to compile mod_ssl without needing to recompile the entire
server.

But on the other hand, recomplining the entire server is usually quite
a simple thing to do.  Just find the "config.nice" file (should be in
your build/ directory), edit it to add the ssl options, put it in the
source directory and run it.  Then "make install".

Joshua.