httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] where is apxs tool?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:15:47 GMT
On 4/21/05, Tareq A. Khandaker <Tareq@sharp.dnsalias.net> wrote:
> I need the tool to bring in mod_perl and mod_python, but I can't find
> it. Not in Apache2/bin folder, and I don't have mod_so.so installed. I
> installed using the latest Windows .msi binary. Please help.

In general, windows users don't use apxs.  Rather, they grab binary
versions of the modules.  The fact that you don't see mod_so.so is not
surprising.  mod_so is the module that allows apache to load other
shared libraries.  It must be compiled into the server to make this
possible.  Try "apache -l".

mod_perl and mod_python are not usually distributed with apache.  But
if you go to the appropriate website, you will probably find a binary
version you can drop in the modules directory and load with the
appropriate LoadModule line in httpd.conf.

Joshua.