httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using apache as proxy with another Apache and JBoss
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:35:58 GMT
On 4/18/05, DGeorgie@wiley.com <DGeorgie@wiley.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the hint Joshua. Forgot to mention. The session management and
> authentication is managed by the J2EE application. The sessions are tracked
> by cookies and the proxy Apache can have access to the database.
>
> I will check the mod_auth_cookie module but I am also interested in the
> solution with CGI scripts. Could you send me or direct me to some examples
> on the internet?

Nope, sorry.  It is really just a matter of writing a program in any
language you want that looks at the HTTP_COOKIE env variable, checks
it against your database, and then either delivers the file (possibly
using a subrequest by emitting a Location: header with the path to the
file) or delivers a "Sorry, you are not authorized" page.  I couldn't
be any more specific than that without knowing a bunch of details
(which I don't really want to know anyway ;-)

Joshua.