httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Including config files conditionally
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:42:59 GMT
On 4/17/05, Denis Gerasimov <denis.gerasimov@vekos.ru> wrote:
> I need to include configuration file, say, .htconfig to main Apache config
> file, if it exists in the specified location. I put the following lines in
> httpd.conf
>
>    Include "D:/intranet/wwwroot/.htconfig"
>
> But Apache fails to start if the file is missing. What I want should look
> like
>
>    <IfExists "D:/intranet/wwwroot/.htconfig">
>    Include "D:/intranet/wwwroot/.htconfig"
>    </IfExists>
>
> Is that possible to conditionally include configuration files the way I
> need?

Not directly.  It would help if you explained why it is that you need this.

I see two easy alternatives:

1. Surround the include with an <IfDefine extraconfig>, and then start
apache with "apachectl -Dextraconfig" when that config file is present
(which you could test inside a script if you needed it to be
automatic.

2. Use the wildcard include mechanism:
Include .htcon*
I haven't tried it, but I believe that this will suceed even if it
doesn't match any files.

Joshua.