httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] index.htm recognized in virtual host, but not index.html
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:55:15 GMT
On 09 Apr 2005 19:59:20 +0300, Florin <florin_gf@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Nope! :)
> *If* you would have read attentively my previous post, you would have
> noticed that:
> - this couldn't be explained why it *actually works* with apache 1.3.33
> - also why it *did* work with apache 2.0.47 and no longer works in
> 2.0.53?
> I am not a novice and DirectoryIndex was the first thing I looked at.
> You should look too:

Not a good idea to start by insulting the person trying to help you.

*Everyone* says "I didn't change anything and now it doesn't work",
and in 99% of cases they did change something.  And the fact that you
did not mention your DirectoryIndex directive to start with meant that
there was no point in going further without verifying it was set
correctly.  I don't read minds.

So you say it fails in only one of three vhosts.  So why don't you
show us the config of that vhost.  Also, try using a much simpler
DirectoryIndex directive, and placing it within a <Directory
/home/user1/public_html> within the relevant vhost.

Joshua.