httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Questions about MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers, StartServers
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:50:18 GMT
On Apr 3, 2005 6:47 PM, Dan Trainor <info@hostinthebox.net> wrote:
> I understand your argument, but these values are far from similar.

They are similar enough that any moderate load swing will result in
killing or creating processes, which is exactly what you want to
avoid.

> I guess I'm just looking for high performance information concerning
> Apache, this being v1.3.33.

Documentation applying to the prefork mpm in 2.0 (which is what I
pointed you to) is also applicable to 1.3 in most cases.

(But if you really want performance, you should be using 2.0 anyway.)

Joshua.