httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Is There A Way To Disable SEARCH?
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:37:06 GMT
On Apr 3, 2005 11:58 AM, Joost de Heer <sanguis@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > Is there a
> > way I can set Apache to just ignore all SEARCH commands (all I really
> > need is GET and POST)?  Just trying to keep my logs from getting flooded
> > with garbage data.  Thanks.
>
> <Limit SEARCH>
>  Order deny,allow
>  Deny from all
>  Allow from none
> </Limit>

Nope.  For one thing, "Allow from none" is not proper syntax.  This
will actually attempt to allow access to the hostname "none", causing
a DNS lookup on every request.

For another thing, these worm requests are rejected by apache very
early in request processing with a 414 (request too long) error, so
they will not be affected by this configuration.

My earlier mail gave a better solution.

Joshua.