httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Harris <Pascal.Har...@reuters.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Per session bandwidth throttling
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:35:26 GMT
At the moment we are using IIS for some of our serving needs.  Our needs have gone up though,
and IIS can't do what we want.

We need to throttle bandwidth on a per session basis - can Apache do this and, if so, how
does one do this in Apache 2.0 for Windows?

Secondly, our clients can be grouped into those with fast connections and those with slow
connections.   Is it possible to throttle them differently, perhaps grouping them by IP address?

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction prior to me downloading Apache for
a trial!

Regards,

> Pascal Harris
> Senior Programmer