httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paula Nousiainen <paula.nousiai...@technia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about Apache RewriteCond Syntax on Proxy Configuration
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:46:47 GMT
Hi,
How could I make my Apache static content proxy to understand specified
file names ?

I have  a global system with users in US Madison and in Finland Helsinki.
Helsinki is the main site and Madison users are using remotely DB located
in Helsinki.

User at Madison connects to application through Apache 7003 port:
http://sun-MADISON:7003/ematrix_xml/WebClient/eMatrixAppletDownloadXML-MDS.jsp

Plan is to forward all other request to main web server at Helsini except
applets mentioned in first RewriteCond
and static files defined in second RewriteCond:

ProxyPassReverse / http://sun-MADISON:7003/
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
!.*(eMatrixAppletDownloadXML.jar|SwingDownload.jar|eMatrixAppletDownload.cab|SwingDownload.cab)$

[OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
!.*\.(jpg|gif|pdf|png|zip|tgz|gz|html|htm|css|js)$
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://sun-MADISON:7003/$1 [P]

Please, help me to find the reason why this is not working as excepted ?

If I specify jars and cabs inside the static files list, then needed jars
& cabs are loaded OK locally from US Madison server.

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
!.*\.(jpg|jar|cab|gif|pdf|png|zip|tgz|gz|html|htm|css|js)$

br,
Paula