httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paula Nousiainen <paula.nousiai...@technia.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about Apache RewriteCond Syntax on Proxy Configuration
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:03:37 GMT
Thank You Joshua for commenting my proxy settings.

>> Exactly what types of request do you want to go to what place?

My goal for this set up is to

1) run jsp pages from the main web server Helsinki,
where is the application process, which communicates with Oracle database.

2) From Madison Apache Proxy site, I would like to use files
- eMatrixAppletDownloadXML.jar
- SwingDownload.jar
- eMatrixAppletDownload.cab
- SwingDownload.cab
- Matrix.class
- all files ending with jpg, gif, pdf, png, zip, tgz, gz, html, htm, css
and js

Everything else, that is NOT specified above, I want to use from Helsinki
Main web server.
What would be the correct syntax ?
I tried following, which is not working:

ProxyPassReverse / http://sun-MADISON:7003/
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog "/usr/local/apache2-2.0.52/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
!.*\.(eMatrixAppletDownloadXML.jar|SwingDownload.jar|eMatrixAppletDownload.cab|SwingDownload.cab|Matrix.class|jpg|gif|pdf|png|zip|tgz|gz|html|htm|css|js)$
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://sun-MADISON:7003/$1 [P]

Attached is the rewrite.log.

br,
Paula

Joshua Slive <jslive@gmail.com>
21/04/2005 16:10
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [users@httpd] Question about Apache RewriteCond Syntax on Proxy
Configuration

On 4/21/05, Paula Nousiainen <paula.nousiainen@technia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> How could I make my Apache static content proxy to understand specified
file
> names ?
>
> I have  a global system with users in US Madison and in Finland
Helsinki.

http://sun-MADISON:7003/ematrix_xml/WebClient/eMatrixAppletDownloadXML-MDS.jsp

> Plan is to forward all other request to main web server at Helsini
except
> applets mentioned in first RewriteCond
> and static files defined in second RewriteCond:

> ProxyPassReverse / http://sun-MADISON:7003/
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}

!.*(eMatrixAppletDownloadXML.jar|SwingDownload.jar|eMatrixAppletDownload.cab|SwingDownload.cab)$
> [OR]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}
> !.*\.(jpg|gif|pdf|png|zip|tgz|gz|html|htm|css|js)$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://sun-MADISON:7003/$1 [P]
>
> Please, help me to find the reason why this is not working as excepted ?

Well, your problem is not clearly specified.  Exactly what types of
request do you want to go to what place?  Obviously the above
RewriteConds are bad: Any request will match either one or the other.
If what you want to do is exclude all those jars and other extensions
from the proxy,then simply remove the [OR] to get the proper logic.

In general, you should always use the RewriteLog to help debug
mod_rewrite problems.

Joshua.