httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Per session bandwidth throttling
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:16:53 GMT
Plain text please...

You can add this sort of functionality to apache using:
http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/index.shtml

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Pascal Harris [mailto:Pascal.Harris@reuters.com]
Sent: Montag, 11. April 2005 15:01
To: users@httpd.apache.org; Bruce@Ivn.cl
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Per session bandwidth throttling

With regard to my earlier post, by 'per session' I mean limiting bandwidth so that each client
who connects can only download up to a maximum rate.  For example, if the total available
bandwidth is 8Mb, then I might want to limit clients to 56k each.  If only one client connects
then that client will still only get 56k - even though most of the bandwidth goes unused.
 Clients will get a consistent download rate of 56k until 45 clients or so have connected,
and only then will their individual bandwidth start going down.
I'm sorry - I think I might not be making myself very clear!
Pascal Harris
Senior Programmer
Reuters Ltd
Maple House/2