httpd-users mailing list archives

From AndyJudson <ajud...@computing.dundee.ac.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] rewrite rule not setting environment variable
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:19:24 GMT

I've got it working by using a folder under my htdocs area, so rule is:

RewriteRule ^/trac/([[:alnum:]]+)(/?.*) /trac/trac.cgi$2
[E=TRAC_ENV:c:/program\ files/subversion/trac/oats/$1]

My prefered method would be to use cgi-bin/trac.cgi instead. I've tried 2
methods /cgi-bib... This fires a file not found, on checking the logs I find
its looking in my ..apache/htdocs/cgi-bin folder not apacge/cgi-bin. If I
try without the leading slash so cgi-bin... I get a 404 bad request. Hence I
move the cgi file into a folder under htdocs and hey presto it works...I'm
sooo close to the solution, just don't get this last bit.

Thanks Andy