httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Toke, Gyula" <Gyula.T...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_python 3.1.4 issue with Apache 2.0.53
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:08:48 GMT
Joe,

the following env variables were exported:
$ env | grep FLAGS
LDFLAGS=-fPIC
CFLAGS=-fPIC
$
(we do not use CPP, so setting CPPFLAGS would have been ignored anyway)

building Python:
gcc -fPIC  -o python \
                Modules/python.o \
                libpython2.3.a -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lrt -ldl  -lpthread
-lm

... and -fPIC appeared as argument during the build process.

but still no success, mod_python build fails with exactly the same message

and again: mod_python 3.1.3 was successfully built for Apache 2.0.52 (with
standard Python build, so we did not need "-fPIC" )

Gyula