httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John" <apa...@jbnet.cns-uk.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_proxy ....
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 05:57:49 GMT

> I am having a problem with proxying all requests that come to
> my apache 2.0.50 server and passing those requests to a
> different back end server.  What I do is take any url and
> pass that straight through to the back end IIS box.

Not according to the config extract you posted you don't :-)

> ProxyPass /
> https://backend.domain.com:443/somedirectory/login.asp
> ProxyPassReverse /
> https://backend.domain.com:443/somedirectory

This config will redirect all requests to
https://backend.domain.com:443/somedirectory/login.asp

So, if you look for summary.asp on the front end server, the request
will actually be made to:
https://backend.domain.com:443/somedirectory/login.asp/summary.asp
Which will give you a page not found error.

Try this instead:

ProxyPass /
https://backend.domain.com:443/

ProxyPassReverse /
https://backend.domain.com:443/

This will now cause all requests that come in to the Apache server to be
reverse proxied to your back end IIS box.

HTH,

John