httpd-users mailing list archives

From RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <l...@computerking.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual server not seen exterally
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:18:30 GMT

--On Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:55 PM -0400 Noah <sitz@onastick.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 03:15:37PM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
>> I have set up several virtual host containers in ssl.conf one of which
>> looks like this.
>>
>> </Virtual>
>>
>> <Virtual *:9000>
>> ##
>> ## Computerking.ca DBMA interface
>> ##
>> DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/DBMA/dbmailadministrator"
>
> [snip]
>
> Well, for starters, <Virtual> isn't a valid directive; <VirtualHost> is.

Opps my conf file is correct my spell checker changed VirtualHost to
Virtual for me when i sent you the last email hahaha.

>> I can see this host fine from inside my network but it does not work
>> from  the outside world.
>
> Define 'does not work'. You do get connection refused? an HTTP error?
> Does your browser disappear in a puff of plaid smoke? =)

Plaid smoke that very funny sometimes ie does that heeheehe.  Here is the
error i get using ie

"The page cannot be displayed" down at the bottom of the page ie states this

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

As i said before i can ping this host name so do not think it is a DNS
problem. Hope this is helpful as the remote machine i have to use does not
have Mozilla installed.