httpd-users mailing list archives

From Milan Delibasic <mmmi...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] "Connection refused when attempting to contact..." with vhosts
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:27:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm running apache 2.0.53 on WinXP SP2 for local testing. I haven't changed
the standard (shipped) http.conf except for adding (ip-based) vhosts. That
looks something like

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.20:80 <http://127.0.0.20:80>>
DocumentRoot "C:/apache2/htdocs/site1/www"
ServerName vvv.site1.co.yu <http://vvv.site1.co.yu>
ErrorLog "C:/apache2/htdocs/site1/logs/error.log"
CustomLog "C:/apache2/htdocs/site1/logs/access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

The entry vvv.site1.co.yu <http://vvv.site1.co.yu>
127.0.0.20<http://127.0.0.20>was added to the etc\hosts file. The
problem is that I cannot access
vvv.site1.co.yu <http://vvv.site1.co.yu> (in Mozilla I get the message
"Connection refused when attempting to contact
vvv.site1.co.yu<http://vvv.site1.co.yu>").
The same applies when I try with ip number. The "localhost" works fine.

Does anyone know what is the problem here? I have IIS installed too, but the
Default site there is configured to listen to 8080 (I tried with stopping
it's service too).

Regards, Milan