httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Harris <Pascal.Har...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Per session bandwidth throttling
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:00:31 GMT
With regard to my earlier post, by 'per session' I mean limiting bandwidth so that each client
who connects can only download up to a maximum rate.  For example, if the total available
bandwidth is 8Mb, then I might want to limit clients to 56k each.  If only one client connects
then that client will still only get 56k - even though most of the bandwidth goes unused.
 Clients will get a consistent download rate of 56k until 45 clients or so have connected,
and only then will their individual bandwidth start going down.

I'm sorry - I think I might not be making myself very clear!

> Pascal Harris
> Senior Programmer
> Reuters Ltd
> Maple House/2
>
> Tel +44 (0) 20 7542 5418

and those with slow connections.   Is it possible to throttle them