httpd-users mailing list archives

From nandelb...@s3os.net
Subject [users@httpd] https redirected to http, different login?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:03:04 GMT
Hi list!

Imagine that scene:

I have apache/2.0.52-r1, mod ssl/2.0.52 and openssl/0.9.7d running on a
gentoo box...

Some pages on this webserver have a .htaccess* file with AuthType Basic...
I need the users of this server login under HTTPS protocol (for encrypt
user/pass information) and then be redirected to another page under HTTP
protocol.

That redirect works fine, in part, because when the user is redirected to
HTTP, the server request username & login for second time, and obviously
without encryption.

In summary... I only need ssl encryption for the moment to send/receive
login & pass, and only request login one time.

How can I solve this problem?

*content of .htaccess file:

 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "Message"
 AuthUserFile /path/to/my/pass/file
 Require valid-user

(I attached my apache.conf)

Another 2 quick questions... ;)

1- If you look the config file, looks something like:

 Alias /temp "/path/to/webpage/1/2/4"

 <Directory "/path/to/webpage/1/2/4">
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
 </Directory>

But when I type http://my.server/temp in my browser server return Not
Found error... why?

2- If you look the config file looks something like:

 <Directory "/path/to/webpage/directory/to/list">
         Options Indexes
         AllowOverride None
 </Directory>

In theory this directory can be listed, but ins't can, the server return
Forbidden error... why? I'm sure to have the correct rights in that
directory.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for all!!!