httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ken Weise <kenwe...@econocaribe.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems installing Apache
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:43:42 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to install Apache on a Debian 3.0 system. I am using "apt-get
install apache". Every time I do this, the machine totally locks up and is
unresponsive. This includes trying to close X or shift to a different
virtual server. The machine is completely locked. The last commands
displayed are:

LoadModule apache_ssl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libssl.so
# LoadModule allowdev_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_allowdev.so
# LoadModule eaccess_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_eaccess.so
# LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
# LoadModule roaming_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_roaming.so

Pondering.

I am stuck, as I am new to installing Apache, and have no idea where to
look to troubleshoot this. Thanks for any assistance.

Ken Weise