httpd-users mailing list archives

From joshua hough <j...@openc.k12.or.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re-Post: rewrite backslash to forward slash
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:06:41 GMT
On Sunday, April 17, 2005 1:37 AM +0200 Patrick Donker wrote:
> Is there no other tool available to generate the files in question? What
> are you generating anyway and using what tool?

This tool is what the client uses.  They are a small developer of desktop
software, they use the app to maintain their user help text, and they want
their help text to live on their Web site (served by Apache) instead of on
users' desktops.

It is bothersome that only Windows Internet Explorer can browse the help
text, because of this malarkey:  <a
href="http://domain.com/help\images\image2.gif">.  They'll accept that if
they have to, but I remain confident that Apache can rewrite/redirect the
requests so that any browser can be used.  How?
-Josh