httpd-users mailing list archives

From joshua hough <j...@openc.k12.or.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re-Post: rewrite backslash to forward slash
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:24:42 GMT
On Saturday, April 16, 2005 1:45 AM +0200 Patrick Donker wrote:
> Maybe you should modify the files before submitting them to your website?
> There should be search-replace tools available to do that for you. Or is
> it something else you mean?

Due to the size and frequency of site updates, and the skill-level of the
people responsible, search-and-replace is not a workable long-term
solution.  There must be a simple way to solve it with an Apache Rewrite or
RedirectMatch, so further human intervention would not be required.  I'm
just not clever enough to devise the proper syntax.
-Josh