httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Sykora <peter_syk...@gmx.at>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Can't run cgi scripts on mounted fat partition
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:49:42 GMT
Joost de Heer schrieb:

>Peter Sykora said:
>

>>Hello,
>>I run Apache/2.0.53 under SUSE Linux 9.3 having the following problem:
>>
>>When I try to make a script alias to a directory on a mounted fat
>>partition I always get the following error:
>>[Tue Apr 26 09:21:01 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Keine
>>Berechtigung: exec of '/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/env.pl' failed
>>
>>(Keine Berechtigung ~ permission denied)
>>

>How did you mount the fat partition? You may have to add the
>uid=xxx,gid=yyy,umask=zzz options to get everything setup correctly.

Hi Joost,
here is again my fstab entry:

/dev/hda5            /windows/D           vfat       users,gid=users,umask=0000      0 0

and I have also checked the permissions of /windows/D after the mount which are
drwxrwxrwx  17 root users 32768 1970-01-01 01:00 D
So all files and directories on this partition should be executable as well.

>You could try to add as first line #!/path/to/perl to the script (but do
>remember to save it as unix-style textfile when you save under windows
>though, or a ^M added at the end will mess up things)

That's what I did as well. I even copied the working example from my
linux cgi-directory to the windows one, just to be sure. When I log on
as wwwrun and run the script on the fat partition from the commandline
everything works fine.

Peter