httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Sykora <peter_syk...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't run cgi scripts on mounted fat partition
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:08:15 GMT
Hi Owen,
thanks for your quick reply

>Can you execute the path above at the command line?

Yes I can. I also tried it under the user wwwrun.

>Does the script try to write anything to the windows partition

No it is just a testscript that writes the environment variable settings
directly to the browser.

>I seem to recall that linux cannot write to certain windows file-system types. I thought
it was NTFS... but maybe it is VFAT as well... Check on a linux forum.

I checked that already. Linux is not able to write to NTFS but with VFAT
it's no problem.
The reason why I try to do the whole thing is because I want to access
my files from Windows and Linux on the same location ...

Peter

>>(Keine Berechtigung ~ permission denied)
>>
>>Using the same script on my linux home cgi-directory where apache is
>>installed, everything works fine.
>>
>>Here are the related parts of my config file:
>>
>># Setting the document root to a directory on the fat
>>partition (which
>>works fine)
>>DocumentRoot /windows/D/home/html
>>
>># The script alias and directory settings of my home cgi-directory,
>>which works fine as well
>>ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/psykora/cgi-bin/"
>><Directory "/home/psykora/cgi-bin/">
>> Options None AllowOverride None
>> Order allow,deny
>> Allow from all
>></Directory>
>>
>># The script alias and directory settings of the cgi directory on the
>>fat partition which doesn't work
>>ScriptAlias /cgi-canyon/ "/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/"
>><Directory "/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/">
>> Options None AllowOverride None
>> Order allow,deny
>> Allow from all
>></Directory>
>>
>>I also tried some other directory options like:
>>- AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
>>- Options +ExecCGI
>>
>>The fstab entry of my fat partition is:
>>/dev/hda5            /windows/D           vfat
>>users,gid=users,umask=0000      0 0
>>
>>and I have also checked the permissions of /windows/D which are
>>drwxrwxrwx  17 root users 32768 1970-01-01 01:00 D
>>So all files and directories on this partition should be
>>executable as well.
>>
>>I can't see a reason why apache replies with a permission
>>denied. Does
>>anybody have an idea.
>>Thanks for any hints
>>Peter

>Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur
Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal
nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent
e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe
SWX.

>This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.