httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Sykora <peter_syk...@gmx.at>
Subject [users@httpd] Can't run cgi scripts on mounted fat partition
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:23:24 GMT
Hello,
I run Apache/2.0.53 under SUSE Linux 9.3 having the following problem:

When I try to make a script alias to a directory on a mounted fat
partition I always get the following error:
[Tue Apr 26 09:21:01 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Keine
Berechtigung: exec of '/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/env.pl' failed

(Keine Berechtigung ~ permission denied)

Using the same script on my linux home cgi-directory where apache is
installed, everything works fine.

Here are the related parts of my config file:

# Setting the document root to a directory on the fat partition (which
works fine)
DocumentRoot /windows/D/home/html

# The script alias and directory settings of my home cgi-directory,
which works fine as well
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/psykora/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/psykora/cgi-bin/">
 Options None AllowOverride None
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

# The script alias and directory settings of the cgi directory on the
fat partition which doesn't work
ScriptAlias /cgi-canyon/ "/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/"
<Directory "/windows/D/home/html/canyon_new2/cgi/">
 Options None AllowOverride None
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

I also tried some other directory options like:
- AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
- Options +ExecCGI

The fstab entry of my fat partition is:
/dev/hda5            /windows/D           vfat
users,gid=users,umask=0000      0 0

and I have also checked the permissions of /windows/D which are
drwxrwxrwx  17 root users 32768 1970-01-01 01:00 D
So all files and directories on this partition should be executable as well.

I can't see a reason why apache replies with a permission denied. Does
anybody have an idea.
Thanks for any hints
Peter