httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Donker <l...@webpagina.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] InstallShield "interrupted" - both 2.0.54 and 1.3.33 - help!
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:17:28 GMT
Max Timchenko wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>  I've a weird problem. Trying to install a newer version of Apache
>  (was 2.0.48, latest - .54), uninstalled the old version saving the
>  .conf files on the side, downloaded and tried to install a new ver -
>  but it doesn't work!
>
>  Installshield is "preparing the installation" and then it says
>  "interrupted". Same happens with 1.3.33 installation.
>
>  Following is the Installshield log. If anyone has a clue please
>  help.
>
>  Also, is there a binary zip package such as php does? I don't really
>  need installshield to configure an apache installation, however all
>  I can find is either .msi or source files.
>

>MSI (c) (00:C4): Note: 1: 1708
>MSI (c) (00:C4): Product: Apache HTTP Server 2.0.54 -- Installation operation failed.
>
>MSI (c) (00:C4): Grabbed execution mutex.
>MSI (c) (00:C4): Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
>MSI (c) (00:C4): MainEngineThread is returning 1603
>=== Verbose logging stopped: 23/04/2005  13:29:27 ===

Did you try the usual Windows troubleshooting steps already?
- Empty temdirs, both IE, System and cookies?
- remove Apache registry items?
- save the conffiles to another location and remove all dirs relating
Apache?
- Reboot?
- Try a different user or in Safe mode?

Sounds all very basic or even non related (cookies), but you'll be
surprised how often this helps. Troubleshooting on Windows is basically
trail on error. I have had this problem many times installing other apps
and usually these steps help.
Good luck!

-Patrick