httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Joines <supp...@bus.okstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: serving svg files
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:37:39 GMT
Jason Joines wrote:

>    I've been playing with scalable vector graphics, trying some of the
> examples at http://www.w3schools.com/svg.  Here's the contents of a
> simple file that generates a blue rectangle.
>
> <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
> <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
> <svg width="300" height="300" version="1.1"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
> <rect width="300" height="100"
> style="fill:rgb(0,0,255);stroke-width:1;
> stroke:rgb(0,0,0)"/>
> </svg>
>
>    If I view this file with Mozilla or Konqueror as a local file, it
> shows up as a blue rectangel as expected.  However, if I copy it out
> to either of two web servers and view it via an http URL, all that
> gets displayed is the contents of the file just like above.  One
> server is running apache 2.0.049 and the other 2.0.052.  I'm guessing
> that I need to add some sort of handler to get this to work.  Anyone
> know what needs to be added?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason Joines

    Found a solution at
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/serverside_svg_php.shtml.  In my
case I just had to add this line to /etc/apache2/mime.types

image/svg+xml svg svgz psvg

    Works fine now.  I looked at
ftp://ftp.iana.org/assignments/media-types/index.html but hadn't found
anything about svg.

Jason