httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Joines <supp...@bus.okstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] serving svg files
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:26:40 GMT
    I've been playing with scalable vector graphics, trying some of the
examples at http://www.w3schools.com/svg.  Here's the contents of a
simple file that generates a blue rectangle.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
<svg width="300" height="300" version="1.1"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
<rect width="300" height="100"
style="fill:rgb(0,0,255);stroke-width:1;
stroke:rgb(0,0,0)"/>
</svg>

    If I view this file with Mozilla or Konqueror as a local file, it
shows up as a blue rectangel as expected.  However, if I copy it out to
either of two web servers and view it via an http URL, all that gets
displayed is the contents of the file just like above.  One server is
running apache 2.0.049 and the other 2.0.052.  I'm guessing that I need
to add some sort of handler to get this to work.  Anyone know what needs
to be added?

Thanks,

Jason Joines