httpd-users mailing list archives

From Albert Whale <aewh...@ABS-CompTech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_jk for Apache 1.3
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:55:23 GMT
Josh Cheney wrote:

>I am not familiar with mod_jk, but I just wrote a rewrite rule to
>forward all .jsp requests to Tomcat, and let Apache handle the rest.
>
>    RewriteEngine on
>    RewriteRule ^/(.+).jsp http://192.168.11.203:80$0 [P]
>
>Just replace the IP and port number with your values, and you should be
>good to go. All jsp pages will be passed to Tomcat, but Apache will
>handle everything else.
>

>Albert Whale wrote:
>

>>Has anyone gotten mod_jk working for Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 5.5.9?
>>
>>I would like to see which tools are working.  I am attempting to proxy a
>>webaddress and send it to the Tomcat version of the Web Page and cannot
>>get RewriteRule for mod_proxy working.
>>
>>Best regards,

Thanks for the reply!

Best Regards.

There also appears to be a page for the mod_proxy setup
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/proxy-howto.html  Might
be a little easier.

Thanks for the answers!

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant