httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Donker <l...@webpagina.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache/Domain Controller
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:24:00 GMT
Leasure, James wrote:

>Hey Pat,
>
>Thanks for the response. I don't want to turn this into a windows vs.
>linux debate.  I've heard that a million time...And, if I could I would.
>
>I'm low on the totum and just want some fire power to get this thing
>cleaned up...
>
>Thanks,
>James

James,

Well, the tone of my msg was a bit flame alike, but basically it tells
be the main reason. On the Apache site you can read an advisory for Win
users, in short saying that there can be no guarantee that your
site/server would be safe and/or stable. This is because of the common
security issues that surround Windows. Imagine what would happen if
things go wrong on your pdc! To be honest it is always a bad idea to run
more services on a pdc, Apache or no Apache, for obvious reasons; if
something goes wrong you loose your pdc, hence, Win network access.

-Patrick