httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Search and Replace in ResponseHeader
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:44:14 GMT
Manuel Blechschmidt wrote:
> Hello Group,
> I want to change a cookie path which is created by a cgi script. The
> script is encoded and I can't change it. The URL in which way the script
> is opened is rewritten, so the cookie path is wrong.

Sounds like a poorly-designed CGI script, if it hardwires that path.

> SetEnvIf Cookies ".*SessionID=(.*)" SessionID=$1
>          ^^^^^ This only works with RequestHeaders

SetEnvIf directives are dealt with before your CGI script runs,
so they can't work on headers set by the script.

What exactly are you trying to do?  FWIW, mod_proxy can modify
cookies in proxied requests.  Would a generalisation of that in
mod_headers, maybe with regexp-based rewriting, serve your purposes?

--
Nick Kew