httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tyler Nally <tna...@technally.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two IP's - one FreeBSD machine - One Apache2 install - Virtual domains
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:14:26 GMT
Tim Burden wrote:
> Sorry...more obvious questions:
> What actually happens when you try to access one of the domains on the
> second IP, both inside and outside the firewall?

 From the outside.... with a browser, on Firefox it says.... 'connection cannot
be established' ... with MSIE ...  end up with a 'cannot find server'.

Inside the firewall... I can ping it just fine.  But I work remotely on the
server with problems and I don't even have "lynx" to use to connect locally.

> and
> Can you ping the second domain from outside the firewall?

Ping is turned off from the outside.

> and
> Does anything show up in error logs?

nothing in the error logs show up... not apache logs... not system logs.

Thanks.

Tyler